Saturday, July 5, 2008

I'm getting over it quicker this time....

Well well well Miss. Amanda is done nursing. We lasted 11 months and I was hoping for one more month or at least until she turns 1 on the 24th but she spent time away with The Leggetts while I had to travel for work and when I went to pick her up she was not interested. I felt like I would cry.

It was almost as if she felt my sadness so when we got back home that night she nursed for the last time. I had a feeling it was the last time so I prepared myself just in case. It's funny because I complain complain and complain some more about pumping my milk when I'm away and at work (Jacquelle can definitely witness to this) but when she decides to stop nursing I'm all sad about it. I guess maybe I'm a control freak sometimes and I want to stop when I want to stop.

I had a much harder time when Amira decided to stop nursing 2 days before her 1st birthday. I have recovered a lot quicker this time.....and who knows maybe I'll get to nurse again in my life.........that's still in the air for now:)

1 comment:

Trina said...

Do get sad... have another baby! That'll fix it! :-))))

Your baby girl is growing up. It all happens too fast... makes me sad for you.